Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In a decade.....2000

I really want to begin blogging for the next ten days over the passed decade and everything that has gone on and really just how much my life has changed in ten years. As a person I have completely changed and my family dynamics have changed and I really just want to take time to look back and remember that and be thankful for it.

2000
The year that life changed! Literally! The summer of 2000 I was 15. We moved that summer from Texas to Missouri. Seven hundred miles never seemed so far away. Rebecca and I were fixing to go into high school and Ben was going into his senior year. It didn't make sense to any of us, but we all had a peace that we were doing exactly what God had called us to.
Dad got called to a church in Missouri. That was a HUGE step for all of us when for me personally I just felt like God saying “Do you trust me now?” Texas was safe for us. It was home. It was predictable. Life was so good. We had just moved into a beautiful new home. We loved our school. It was a great time for all of us, and then it all changed.
One of the songs that I remember hearing when we were in the process of this is one by Avalon called Move or Move Me. The chorus spoke to me and gave me so much peace that I knew it was from the Lord. It simply said:

Lord move in a way that I’ve never seen before.
Cause there’s a mountain in the way and a lock on the door.
I’m drifting away, waves are crashing on the shore.
So Lord move, or move me.

So many friends were left behind in Texas. It absolutely broke me to think of leaving them. All the high school years without my friends. Wondering if I'd ever see them again. It was hard, but we did it.

The relationships that we had when we were in Missouri were neat. It definitely took a lot of getting used to. It was a hard adjustment, but we made some good friends in that first year.

I would have never imagine starting off 2000 that my life would change as much as it did just in that first year, but God has truly blessed our family because of our willingness to obey Him, and it definitely made us that much more dependent on Him alone!

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

What an awesome lesson to learn at a "young" age. Most teenagers are not processing and thinking on such things as you at that age. How great to be able to look back, thankful for that time and all that you learned, seeing God remaining faithful to you and your family because you were obedient.
Thanks for sharing. I feel like I know you better.
Merry Christmas, my friend.