Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And the decade continues 2001

As I look back over 2001 and think of how life has changed and any defining moments the main one that sticks out to me and probably most anyone is September 11th.
We all know where we were. What we were doing. How we found out. It's the JFK shooting of this generation!

One thing I do remember about that is I was so totally convinced that Jesus was coming back. I mean, seriously. (quit laughing) I was reading through revelations like it was my job! A few days into it I had a realization of "Oh great, I'm one of "them" now!"

Know those people who only go to God when they have exhausted all their resources. When they tried absolutely everything and it's still not working. THEN they go to God? Yeah, that's what I felt like! I didn't rededicate my life or anything like that. What happened is I decided to be more intentional with how I was living.

Reading through Revelations or any part of the Bible isn't bad, but what's the point if your life isn't changed? In no way was that an over night change, but it was definitely the beginning of the process for me of being intentional about my relationship with God. It was no longer something that sat on the shelf and looked pretty on Sundays, but it was something that actually defined who I am.

Even today I am in the process of continually working out my relationship with God and continually journeying with him every step of the way!

No comments: