Monday, December 21, 2009

Galatians 6

Totally jumpin right into this this week!

v. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

In no way do we look more like Christ than when we are carrying one another's burdens. This is the whole point of Mark 12 when Christ says "Love your neighbor as yourself." We get so caught up in our selfishness by just living our own life. The whole point of the Gospel is to continually serve those around us for the sake of making Christ famous.

v.9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

There are two things that stick out to me. I like that Paul makes the statement that you "will" grow weary of doing good. Anyone that been in any service/ministry aspect knows how tiring you can be to do good. It really can be.
This verse has been such an encouragement to me at very different seasons in my life. I love the promise that we WILL reap a harvest but we must not give up! We just can't! It is so easy for me to look around at what is going around and think "Seriously? I'M going to make a difference? Nope!" I forget too quickly that I have the power of the Holy Spirit IN ME! Christ has commanded me to "do good" and what's better than that He promised that "We will reap a harvest....IF WE DON'T GIVE UP!!"

v. 14 But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

I love that Christ teaches us the right way to boast, and that is only through him and only through the cross. Check out my friend Mark's blog for more details just on this verse and how Christ coming has taught us how to boast.

No comments: