Thursday, December 17, 2009

Galatians 6

v. 2 Bear one an0ther's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

In no way do we look more like Christ than when we are carrying one another's burdens. This is the whole point of Mark 12 when Christ says "love your neighbor as yourself".
We get so caught up in our selfishness by just living our own life. The whole point of the Gospel is to continually service those around us for the sake of making Christ famous!

v. 9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

There are two things that stick out to me. I like that Paul subtly makes the statement that you "will" grow weary of doing good. Anyone that's been in any area of service knows how exhausting it can be to "do good". I love how Paul follows this up with some encouragement for endurance with "in due season we will reap, if we do not give up". So many times when I "do good" I would like my reward now please! Who has time for patience? I feel like Paul is big picturing us on the deal by simply saying "It'll come. When the time is just right, it will come. Don't give up."

This verse has been so encouraging to me in different seasons of my life. It is not only exhausting, but can sometimes be frustrating when you're following God's will and it just feels hard. A little bit of favor every once in awhile would be nice. I am totally encouraging to me to hear once again. You WILL reap a harvest.

No comments: