Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Galatians 5

The more I read this the more in love with Paul's heart I am! I seriously love this guy and his passion.

v. 7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8. This persuasion is not from Him who calls you.

Notice in v.7 it doesn't say "what" hindered you, but "who". I think this sticks out to me the most because so many times I look at the things that are hindering me and don't realize that the devil is actually the one controlling those things. Realizing this is part of the stepping back and realizing just how much spiritual warfare we're surrounded by.

v.25 If we live by the Spirit. 26. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

So humbling to read this last part of chapter 5. I am embarrassed by how conceited and big headed I can be. I really do think I know everything sometimes. It is hard learning the humility lesson. It's hard to compare my actions to Christ and not to those who I deem "beneath me".

We are called to edify one another. To put others before ourselves. I fail daily and am grateful to God for his unfailing love and grace.

No comments: