Thursday, January 29, 2009

God's Will

Jeremiah 29:11-13
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

I love reading scripture that we all know by heart in The Message. I feel like it's more real. It's kinda like, okay, you know this. You've heard it a million times. Why are you worried? What were you stressed out about?

Why do we so often stress about things and THEN go to God? He's sitting by us waiting for us to call on Him. Waiting for us to say "Dad, I can't do this without you. I need your help!" That's all he wants. For us to admit that we are nothing and that we can do nothing without Him! Why is that so hard? I often make life more difficult and drawn out than it really should be.

I am striving to be serious about finding God and seeking His will above anything else in my life. With my whole haeart I want to know GOD!

No comments: