Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Encouragement from our good friend James!

I love the book of James. SERIOUSLY! I am so encouraged when I read it and I feel like I understand so much of it when I do, but also learn something new everytime I open it up! So now, all you.....okay, both of you, that read this blog, you will now see a peek into WHY I love James so much!

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James start out telling you that you're GOING to face trials. Life's not gonna be picture perfect. James doesn't waste much time though saying the purpose of it all is so that we may be mature and lack nothing! LACK NOTHING!!! We won't be formed into the image of God simply by being challenged. We must be changed. That is when we must realize that trials are a part of the life and the joy comes from knowing that God has chosen to form us into the image of Christ.

The challenge for us......Don't stop! Don't just look at life and go through it's course and say "Man, God is really challenging me." When you are changed, THAT'S when you are FORMED!

No comments: