Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Starting it up with Phillipians

As soon as I finished reading through Galatians I wanted a new book to jump into. A good friend encouraged me to begin reading through Philippians. I have begun and here is what God is teaching me thus far.

v. 6 And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

LOVE this verse, like so many of you. I often will have a "great idea" and work on it with everything I have and realize either a.) it wasn't really a great idea to begin with or b.) completely run out of steam and start searching for the next best thing.

I am so thankful that God never had a great idea about my life but that he had PLAN for my life since the beginning of time and He promises to bring that to completion!

v. 9-11 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

There is no way for me to adequately sum this up, other than agreeing with this prayer. I pray that I don't gain knowledge for the sake of knowledge, but that through this knowledge Christ will reveal himself to me that I may love more. I pray that I will be able to approve what is excellent. I pray that God will continue to stretch me and challenge to the point that I'm certain I can't take it anymore, only to realize that He always has been and always will be ENOUGH!

1 comment:

Jharder said...

Your "friend" does not exsist.